WHAT IS PARAFFIN? Paraffin is a by-product of oil purification process and often comes in colorless solid wax type substance. Paraffin is a well-known ingredient used in cosmetics and it comes in many forms. It comes in liquid form as mineral oils which are used in beauty creams and lotions, while paraffin wax is used in beauty salons and spa treatments for manicures, pedicures and cuticle care. Another great thing about paraffin is that it can be used for several medical purposes: like to massage on muscles and sore joints to relieve pain as it produces soothing effects. Also, it helps in increasing blood flow and improving joint stiffness.
BENEFITS OF PARAFFIN FOR HANDS AND FEET
1. ELASTICITY INCREASING AGENT Generally, the skin gets harder and rougher when we wear open sandals or shoes. A paraffin treatment can restore softness and elasticity to the skin. During cold weather often our feet become dry and need extra attention: paraffin treatments can help to restore moisture and even help with mobility.
2. TREMENDOUS MOISTURIZER Paraffin wax is usually applied then peeled off from the hands in a spa treatment or manicure, which results in soft moist hands and cuticles. Why do spa do this? Because paraffin wax traps moisture in the skin which soothes rough hands and nails. And of course, your feet are a part of the body which requires extra attention and care due to lots of stress put on them every day. A paraffin treatment for the feet is meant sooth, to cure the rough patches on your feet, and of course help you relax!
3. RELIEVING MUSCLES SWELLING When the paraffin wax is warmed, the heat of the wax works wonders and helps to soothe muscular and joint pain in the hands and feet. This results in increasing blood flow and hence giving your hands a more youthful look. You can also add some additional oils in the paraffin to increase the soothing effect like: lavender or tea tree.
4. SKIN SOFTENING Your feet usually go through a lot of stress with wear and tear which can cause hard callouses to form. The oils in the paraffin wax helps to soften these callouses, it can even be helpful for sensitive skin issues like eczema. As we age the skin on our hands and feet struggles to stay youthful and soft, taking care of our hands and feet is essential!
5. REMOVAL OF DEAD SKIN Dead skin can cause negative effects on your toes and nail cuticles, and it needs to be removed as soon as its formed. Paraffin wax is very effective in removing this dead skin, while soothing and softening calluses on the hands and feet along with healing the dry cracked skin on the heels of the feet.
Paraffin therapy is one of the most effective methods of applying deep heat to relieve pain and stiffness,